Executive and Leadership Coach, PCC
I coach established and emerging design leaders who work in corporate, nonprofit, healthcare, and government organizations.
Through our work together, my clients have
- learned more about the way their values, motivations, challenges, and strengths shape their professional lives and opportunities,
- developed a deeper understanding of their present context,
- identified actions that amplified their desired impact, and
- advanced professionally in new and exciting ways.
I offer a free discovery session because it's the best way to determine if we're a fit, given that so much of coaching is about chemistry. We'll get to know each other a bit more, talk through your situation and goals, and get a preview of how our partnership might work.
"I’ve been fortunate to work with a number of professional coaches over the years. Yours was, hands down, the most powerful coaching session I’ve ever had — you kept me on track as we talked things through, you kept me honest with my answers, and you got me to a clear, doable action that kept me accountable."
“I am more resilient because of the work we did together, the tools you gave me, and the insights you helped me find about myself. Thank you, Sam!”
“The focus you helped me find has been hugely beneficial in my life at home and at work. … More people need to connect with you as a coach.”
“I am less anxious, more positive, and overall happier with my interactions and engagements with my managers. My VP and my Managing Director have both commented on the change in me. I have you to thank for that.”
“I took on a very challenging project that I might not have even entertained the idea of without having done my work with you. Coaching gave me the confidence that I knew what I was doing, could make a difference, and could lead a team of people to an excellent result.”
I'm glad you're here. I've always been interested in how we humans show up both as individuals and within systems, small and large. Personally and professionally, I seek to understand and then create conditions for success for my people, be they clients, employees, students, or fellow citizens. I'd love to do the same for you. Let's talk.
- Coach certification: Georgetown University's Institute for Transformational Leadership
- PCC credential from the International Coach Federation, 2023-2026
- Member, International Coach Federation, 2019-present
- Ph.D., Urban Studies, with a focus on Community Development
- MA, Conflict Resolution
- BA, Psychology